Private School Principal Search
for the 2022-2023 School Year
(VPK - 8th Grade), Start date: July 1, 2022
- Master’s degree or higher in Education (Educational Leadership preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in teaching
- 2-5 years’ experience as a principal or assistant principal (preferred)
- Familiar with hybrid schooling (preferred)
- Proficient in School Information System platforms
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Well versed in 21st century teaching/education
- Familiar with Biblical Integration/Teaching for Transformation
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, budget, train, and delegate authority
- Demonstrated ability to motivate individuals and groups towards high-standards of educational excellence
- A sound philosophy of Christian Education
- Demonstrate a strong, mature Christian faith foundation and walk
- Other qualifications that may be deemed as needed per the Board of Directors
Coastal Community School was established in 2014. The school is founded on three pillars of faith, family, and academics. The school has moved past the start-up phase and is well-positioned for sustainability. The families believe in the unified power of Christian fellowship within a community, as well as in the integration of Christian values in an academic setting. The staff is also committed and passionate about Christian education and teaching from a biblical worldview. The school provides a hybrid model of learning with classical elements that combines school instruction and home instruction for an optimal education experience.
Coastal Community School is seeking a Principal with a dynamic personality and passion for Christian education. It will be important for this individual to gain a deep philosophical and conceptual understanding of the hybrid school model, specifically being supportive of learning in the home environment. With the support of other staff, the principal is responsible for:
- overseeing the school’s daily operations,
- managing the budget,
- hiring teachers and personnel,
- planning orientations for parents and teachers,
- conducting teacher and staff evaluations,
- planning teacher/staff meetings/trainings,
- overseeing/developing the enrichment program,
- building/maintaining public relations,
- overseeing accreditation and school improvement efforts,
- and maintaining business licenses and accounts.
This individual will lead a team of teachers and support staff in providing the best education experience for students, to include: 21st century education principles, development of core competencies, biblical integration, technology training and integration. The principal must also provide support to parents and understand the importance of maintaining high standards of education in the home environment. They will utilize their knowledge of curriculum development in order to support the staff in developing curriculum maps and lesson plans that adhere to school and accreditation standards. With strong leadership skills, they will guide teachers in creating a safe and effective environment for learning and conduct regular informal and formal evaluation, including immediate feedback to remediate areas that need improvement. The principal will represent our school in the community, networking with fellow administrators and instructors to remain knowledgeable of relevant advances in education. The principal will exercise conflict management skills while managing school discipline,parent/teacher concerns and grievances. The principal must ensure the school follows state guidelines for private schools. This individual will oversee long-term planning and a strategic growth plan.
While the teachers/students are only on campus 3-days per week, Coastal Community School is a 5-day school with coursework occurring in the home 2-days per week. Although the school is a hybrid model, the principal has daily oversight.
- Observe/coach instructors and other staff members regularly to ensure that the established policies and curriculum is adhered to, and identify areas of improvement.
- Discipline students according to school policy and enforce school rules and expectations.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and students to provide the best education for each student and assist them in their academic and professional goals.
- Participate in hiring, training and other employment activities for instructors and staff members to create a dynamic team.
- Provide guidance to students and offer assistance with character development programs.
- Lead professional development programs for staff and encourage instructors to participate in regular professional development via an online platform.
- Establish curriculum guidelines in collaboration with other administrators and instructors, and ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Interpret schoolwide standardized test data in the Fall and Spring to determine grade specific and school wide academic goals.
- Oversee budgeting and determine/review budget allocations for items such as supplies, materials, staff and equipment.
- Intentionally aim to retain students and staff members.
- Review the School Improvement Plan regularly to ensure goals are on track and being met.
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors on school operations and progress.
The successful candidate will be called of God, have the spiritual gift/s of leadership and administration and have a vibrant walk with Jesus Christ.
To make inquiries or nominations, please contact:
David Ritter, Ph.D., Coastal Community School - Search Consultant