UPDATED JUNE 26, 2020
HOW WE PLAN TO FURTHER OUR MISSION
As we move into the school year with caution, consideration, and courage, we plan to continue carrying out our mission by equipping students to become servant leaders through the strengths of a Christ-centered community, family, fellowship, and excellent academic instruction. Although the future is uncertain, we know that God is in control. The benefits of being a part of the Coastal Community include: instruction from a biblical worldview, small classes, and less time on campus than traditional schools. We will continually be reviewing our procedures this year to best serve our community. We cannot wait to see you all on campus!
When is the first day of school?
The first day of school will be August 11, 2020, and the plan is to have a regular schedule on-campus of 8:30 – 3:00 Tuesday & Thursday, and 8:30 - 2:00 Wednesday for all Grades, K-8. (If a delayed start is mandated, alternate dates for opening may be August 25 or September 8)
What safety and health precautions will be in place for the school year?
CCS takes the health, safety, and care of our students and staff seriously. We will be consulting the CDC guidelines and taking our own preventative measures to ensure the overall health and safety of our school community, beginning with but not limited to:
· Spaces thoroughly cleaned prior to students entering campus
· 2-3 Drop off/Pick up spots will be designated by grade level
· Temperature checks each morning for students and staff
· Masks NOT required for students or staff (but we honor those who wish to wear them)
· Increased hand washing routines throughout the day, such as upon entry and before exiting class (most classrooms have a sink in the room)
· Signs posted throughout campus reflecting protective measures and a symptom list
· Hand sanitizer around the buildings to utilize between classes
· Effective but safe cleaning with products specific to killing viruses to be used daily
· A separate area designated for sick students until parents can pick them up
· Lunch will be eaten in classrooms or outside in designated picnic table areas
· Several picnic tables will be available for outdoor instruction time and/or lunch
· School will be shut down in the event that hot spots occur
Overall School Community
· NO school-wide events will be held for at least the first several weeks of school (including but not limited to chapel, special performances/events, community meetings, fundraiser)
· Chapels will be smaller and outside as much as the weather allows
How does CCS plan to communicate to families during this dynamic time?
· Parent/Text alerts
· Emails for more detailed information
· Newsletter for less urgent communication
What about hot spots and immediate school closures?
CCS will take immediate action if 1 of our students or/and staff population is infected. We will move to a virtual instruction plan. We will contact you directly via a text alert to inform families of infection. Parents have the right to pick up students immediately.
How are teachers being properly trained and coached to teach during this time?
CCS will spend time at orientation on proper school safety precautions and classroom strategies for this next year. This includes but is not limited to:
· Daily cleaning routines
· What is the protocol if a student is sick
· Recognizing the symptoms
· FACTS LMS Training
· How to protect themselves
· Dynamic instruction to reflect our academic goals, whether in or out of the classroom
WE ARE MAKING POLICIES FOR ONE TRIMESTER AT A TIME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!